Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thoughts on Baking

Around friends I’m known as the “Cake Boss” because of my baking creations.  It’s amazing to see my journey with creative cakes.  I’ve always loved “cute foods”, but taking the Wilton cake decorating class has taken it to new heights.  My journey into the land of cakes started January 2011 and has taken off since then.  If I wasn’t careful packing, I would have ended up with more cake baking supplies than clothes!  But why did I stick with cakes?  I’ve tried other crafty things, but cakes?  I think my main objective was to start something that people didn’t have to store in their homes.  I’ve tried painting mugs, origami, basically anything to keep me occupied, but space was starting to become a problem.  With cakes I can make them, appreciate their beauty, and then EAT them!  Plus what’s a good occasion without a centerpiece of something sweet? 

Last night I made the last cake in my home kitchen before the move.  Amazingly, I finished everything except decorations in an extremely short amount of time.  I distinctly remember baking my first few cakes and it taking HOURS.  Over time I’ve practiced and learned the tricks that have made it a smooth process.  I guess the life lesson I’ve started to take away from all of this is that if you are passionate about creating a quality product, at first it will be hard, but overtime you will get the hang of it and it will be second nature.  



No comments:

Post a Comment